Founded in Paris in 1785 and based in Anjou since 1994, our workshop has been perpetuating a great tradition of making toy soldiers for more than two hundred years.
Created between 1775...
Created between 1775 and 1790, shortly before the french revolution, Lucotte company is specialised in pewterware.
Lucotte is about 220 years old !
In 1840, it markets also tin soldiers from the german Heinrichsen and Allgeyer. In 1890, at the death of Charles - Florent Lucotte, great-grandson of the founder of the company, his widow, his daughter and his son-in-law P. Courtes, carry on with the growth of this business.
The trademark becomes in 1902 Lucotte - Courtes (LC), but the production of 55 mm tin soldiers, considered to-day as the prettiest in their category, had begun earlier, considering that Sir Winston Churchill, when he was a child, played already in around 1885 with Lucotte soldiers (which can be seen to-day at Blenheim palace) !
We can think that Lucotte was making tin soldiers as early as 1840.
In 1913, P. Courtes sells his company to Marguerite Margat and to the painter J. Vasquez ; both sell Lucotte to CBG Mignot in 1928.
The place of manufacturing the Lucotte soldiers have been for years in the center of Paris. As early as 1868, the shop is named “Au plat d’étain” (To the pewter plate).
It will stay near the Saint-Sulpice church which is one of the oldest church in Paris.
All Lucotte's figurin are packaging in luxurious box. There are several colors like red or green.
First Empire 's harness are packaging in diorama box with background decoration.